Sunday, March 1, 2009

Captured

"For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand [anywhere else]; I would rather be a doorkeeper and stand at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell [at ease] in the tents of wickedness." Amplified Bible

After reading Psalms 84:10 sometime back I was taken by the expression of words, more accurately, captured by the picture painted there. A man who had made a choice!

I chewed on this thought a bit. My thinking went something like this: He made the choice upon his being allowed to glimpse God's dwelling place. The place must have been some kind of showy.

Then it hit me! It was not so much the place even though it was certainly excellent (think about it a "house" compared to a "tent"?)!

No, what caused the choice by that man was not the WHAT but the WHO.

When getting an obstruction free glimpse of God (that would be Jesus being lifted up) the choice becomes clearer and the line that divides what is holy and what is not is no longer gray but very bold and easy to notice. Absolutely the choice cost but the cost is worth it!

My point? Well here it is. This is what a Psalms 84:10 doorkeeper does: helps another get a closer more unobstructed view of the Most Holy God. How? By lifting up Jesus the only door by which man my enter into the dwelling place of the Most Holy God and invites "whosoever" will approach His courts and house to not hesitate but go on in where a more intimate relationship with God will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment