Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Face Of Honest Humility

This morning my wife and I trekked to the local Farmer’s Market that is not far from our apartment’s location here in Florence, AL. I was not expecting to receive anything there but some really fresh and yummy vegetables grown locally. We got those but something more weighty.

We had walked the length of the bazaar and had returned to the first stand upon our entering. Here I was going to purchase some of the best looking corn I had seen all season, I wanted to wait until we were on our way out before picking up the heavy load so I would not have to carry it far to our parked vehicle.

At the stand was a farmer, his wife, and their son. Based on their age I would say the young boy that eagerly stood to wait on us as I approached would have been the youngest son of this middle aged couple. I was instantly impressed with the lad as he took our order and immediately began to work it up. He paused briefly to politely ask his father to bring the necessary bag needed to place our order in. The dad was already in the process of getting more bags, never said a word but came to the lad with the requested bag, turn nodded and offered a smile our way. The mother had taken payment and was returning my change, smiled and cheerfully said thank you. At that point the lad handed me our bagged purchase saying “thank you” as he did. 

In that moment I discerned here before me was the face of honest humility. I also saw the dilemma of our nation in that same moment as well as discerned the solution. 

The dilemma: I fear that those who are the most qualified to lead America are too humble to step into the role. That leaves a void. A void that is going to be filled. It has been with those who are foolish, greedy, and lusting for power! The most qualified are so honestly humble they choose to not seek leadership roles, at least in the most public positions such as representatives of and for the people. Our government is based on a Republic forum, one that should have every person, not special interest groups, fully, honestly, and humbly represented. Our house is no longer there. It is been filled with something different. Something not balanced. There is little honesty and far less humility than was originally intended.

The solution: Placed securely in the hands of the Ecclesia is the solution: An honest and humble appeal to Heaven. This is our only hope of the house being cleaned and then refilled with honest humility. 


We need those like this hard working farmer and his family to step up into public leadership roles. Honest. Humble. Heroes. For in hard times they hold together, continue to work hard, are truly thankful for what they have, genuinely care for their fellow man and willing to share what they have. With Honest Humility they trust God. That is the person I want to lead me. 

We need to grasp that the solution is not in our voting as important as that is and I am not advocating to stop voting. It is not in debate. It is not in learned lectures. It is not in another inspirational book. It is within individual and corporate appeal to the only one who can do something to change the core of a man and a woman. To cut a seared conscious. Turn a stiff neck. Soften a harden heart. Set at liberty a possessed spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment